Dunkirk-Fredonia Meals on Wheels was established in 1970. We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit agency that delivers healthy prepared meals directly to your door, along with a wellness and safety check from our friendly volunteers. Enrolling in our dietitian-reviewed home-delivered meals service is easy and ensures that you get the nutritious foods you need to keep healthy at a great value. Service is provided in Dunkirk, Fredonia, Silver Creek, Sheridan, Forestville, Irving, Brocton, and Portland.
You May Qualify For Meals on Wheels Service:
- If you are sixty years of age or older and home bound- unable to drive, unable to cook and have no one to prepare meals for you during the day.
- If you have been recently discharged from the hospital and are in need of nutritional services.
- If you have physical or mental limitations preventing adequate self-nutrition.
- Ability to remain in home.
- Restore/maintain good health.
- Nutritionally-balanced, delicious meals.
- Nutritional independence from friends & family.
- Daily wellness and safety checks.
- Social interaction with volunteers.
NOTICE: Dunkirk-Fredonia Meals on Wheels is deeply concerned about the spread of COVID-19 virus and its effect on our communities. We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation and remain committed to doing what is best to support our staff, participants, partners and stakeholders during this unique time. We will be following the advice from county, state and federal health officials as the situation changes.
Please remember our seniors throughout the community with a donation to Dunkirk-Fredonia Meals On Wheels.